Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Bhatapara (District - Raipur) is established on Nov. 2004, after formation of Chhattisgarh state under the administrative control of IGKV, Raipur and sponsored by ICAR New Delhi.
Mandate of KVK:-
Assessment, refinement and demonstration of technology / products.
Activities of KVK:-
- On farm testing to identify the location specificity of technologies in various farming systems.
- Front line demonstration to establish production potential of newly releases technologies on farmer’s field and provide feedback.
- Training of farmers and farm women to update their knowledge and skilled in modern agriculture technologies and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technologies.
- Work as resources and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the districts.
- Create awareness about frontier technologies through large no. of extension activities like farmers fair, field day, strategic campaign, Ex trainees meet etc.